1. In the Google Play Store, search for "Vue Smart Glasses". Download the app.
2. In the app, click the "JOIN VUE" button.
3. Enter an email address and password, or choose "SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK".
4. When using Facebook, you'll see the following screen. Click the "Continue as..." button.
5. In the "Create Profile" page, tap the CAMERA icon to upload a profile picture.
6. Take a picture or choose one from your gallery.
7. When choosing from your gallery, you'll be given the option to adjust and crop the picture. Drag the cropping rectangle around the image until the dimensions are exactly as you like them. Hit "Apply".
8. Tap "TAP NAME TO EDIT" to enter your name.
Enter your first and last name in the boxes provided. Tap "OK".
10. Make sure your glasses are charged. When first setting up, it's best to put the glasses in the case and plug in the USB charging cable to ensure both the glasses and the case are charging. Once you have a bit of charge, tap "I'M READY!".
11. You may be prompted to grant location permissions to the app. This is necessary in order for the Bluetooth to function. More details are here.
12. Click "Allow all the time" in order for Bluetooth to always remain connected in the background. This option is necessary if you choose to enable LED notifications for incoming calls and messages.
13. You will see this page once location permissions are granted.
14. There are 2 Bluetooth connections that need to be made. The app will guide you through each.
15. First, put the glasses on your head. Hold your finger against the touch panel (located on the outside of the right arm) for at least 8 seconds.
16. Note: As you are holding your finger on the touch panel, you will hear an initial "beep beep". This indicates your touch is registered, but you should not lift your finger from the panel. Instead, keep your finger on the panel for 8 seconds or longer until you hear the voice prompt in the step below.
17. After 8 seconds, you will hear a voice say "Double-tap to enter pairing mode."
18. Double-tap the touch panel.
19. Wait a few seconds for the glasses to say "I'm ready to pair". The LED on the glasses will begin flashing blue.
20. If you do not hear the voice confirmation, the double-tap may not have registered.
21. If you are having trouble registering the double-tap, we highly recommend you read our "Double-tap practice" tutorial first.
22. Once you are in pairing mode (i.e. you heard the audio confirmation) tap "CONNECT".
23. The app will search for and connect to your Vue. The connection being made is for "Vue Sensors".
24. Once Vue Sensors is successfully connected, the next page will connect to Vue Audio automatically. Tap "CONNECT".
25. After the app connects to Vue Audio, the success page should display. (If pairing failed, go to your phone's Settings > Bluetooth to pair to Vue Audio manually.) Now tap "SHOW ME MY HOME".
26. That's it! Your Vue app is all set up.
27. Head over to our "Navigating the Vue app" tutorial for a look inside the app.