If you're having trouble with pairing in the app (you see a yellow "Oops!" screen), please try the following:
Make sure you are doing the 8-second hold for pairing correctly
- Hold your finger against the touch panel (located on the outside of the right arm) for at least 8 seconds.
- Note: As you are holding your finger on the touch panel, you will hear an initial "beep beep". This indicates your touch is registered, but you should not lift your finger from the panel. Instead, keep your finger on the panel for 8 seconds or longer until you hear the voice prompt in the step below.
- After about 8 seconds, you will hear a voice say "Double-tap to enter pairing mode."
- Double-tap the touch panel.
- Wait a few seconds for the glasses to say "I'm ready to pair". The LED on the glasses will begin flashing blue.
- If you do not hear the voice confirmation, the double-tap may not have registered.
- If you are having trouble registering the double-tap, we highly recommend you read our "Double-tap practice" tutorial first.
Make sure you're in pairing mode
When in pairing mode, a blue LED will flash continuously in the inner corner of the front frames.
To enter pairing mode, tap and hold the touch panel for 8 seconds until you hear the pairing prompt "Double-tap to enter pairing mode". Double-tap at the same spot, and the glasses will say "I'm ready to pair". A blue LED will begin to flash constantly. Only then should you tap the "Connect" button in the app. A full video tutorial is here.
To re-enter pairing mode if the blue light is already flashing, fully fold the legs and wait for 3-5 seconds, then unfold the legs. This will reset the glasses, and you can re-enter pairing mode again.
Make sure you're not already paired to Vue Sensors
Go to your phone's Settings, and tap on Bluetooth. Make sure that Vue Sensors is not in your list of paired or connected devices. If so, tap the (i) information icon and unpair Vue Sensors.
(Note: connection to Vue Sensors is managed by the app on Android, and by the phone on iOS; you don't need to pair to it manually)
Resetting your Glasses
Sometimes, the Bluetooth signal on the glasses may be on power-saving mode if it hasn't been connected for a long time. We recommend resetting your glasses if the Vue app can't find your glasses.
To do this, place the glasses inside the case. Make sure you follow our charging guide here to ensure the glasses are properly seated inside the case.
Find the small reset pin next to the USB-C charging port on the case. Insert a pin into the hole and press for 5 seconds. The charging port should flash red. See the video below for reference.
Once the reset is complete, try the pairing steps on the app again.
Due to the sheer number of Android devices and models, the pairing process may not be as smooth on certain Android models. We recommend doing the following if all of the above steps fail:
1. Kill the app from the background
2. Clear the app's cache (steps vary depending on phone, but the general step is to go to your phone's Settings > Apps > select the Vue app > Clear Cache)
3. Turn Bluetooth off, then on again
4. Restart the app
You may need to repeat the above steps a few times for your phone to fully flush its Bluetooth cache and find Vue properly.